Unreal Engine Developer
Our well established Houston client is seeking two passionate and skilled Software Development Engineers to join their team as Unreal Engine Simulation Developers. You will work together with Program Managers and Software Development Engineers to create Unreal Simulation environments and technical simulations of equipment and operational scenarios that will be used for testing, training, and other applications. You will take part in all aspects of the product development/test cycle from planning, design, and implementation all the way to release.
Their team has a passion for quality and a strong motivation for delivering highly valuable products and solutions. We have a strong focus on designing and developing applications used by our customers. We also have a strong focus on usability and user experience assessments and develop and use scientific methods to improve product usability.
- Responsibility for the quality of selected product features.
- Use source debuggers and visual development environments within Unreal Engine.
- Test and document software for client applications.
- Interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents.
- Designing and programming blueprint and blueprint communications within Unreal Engine.
- Use Unreal Engine’s physics systems and physics joints to simulate tool interactions.
- B.Sc. or higher degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- Experience with development in languages including C and C++.
- Experience with Visual Studio 2015, Visual Studio 2017.
- Agile development methodology and development design patterns.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work and participate in a team with open and collaborative style of communications.
- Working understanding of usability and techniques for assessing product usability.
- Passion for software quality and for development as engineering discipline.
- 2-5 years of relevant development experience in an Unreal Engine environment.
- Strong oral and written English.