Our well established Austin client with an international presence is seeking an individual with a keen eye for good design combined with the ability to communicate those designs through informative design artifacts. Candidates should be familiar with an Agile development process (and understand it’s limitations), able to mediate between product/business needs and developer architectural needs. They should be ready to get their hands dirty coding complex pieces of the overall architecture. We are .NET Core on the backend, Angular 2 on a mobile web front-end, and native on Android and iOS. We host our code across AWS and on-premises VMs, and use various data backends (SQL Server, Oracle, ElasticSearch). They have offices around the world, so the candidate should be open to occasional travel abroad. The atmosphere is casual, and though they are a large company, their development team has a startup feel. You will see your software creations deployed quickly.
- Evaluate systems for reuse and componentization, to facilitate time-to-market on future software projects and licensing to third-parties.
- Evaluate providers of third-party functionality (SAAS solutions, open source projects, commercial software) for suitability on various projects.
- Develop necessary documentation to ensure ease of communications across roles.
- Manage code from development through deployment, including support and maintenance.
- Perform code reviews, and assist more junior developers to adhere to proper design patterns.
- Build fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with some flavor of ASP.NET MVC
- Experience with SQL Server
- Oracle nice to have, as is MySQL
- Expertise in well-designed REST APIs.
- Cloud development experience (Amazon / Azure…though others are fine, too)
- Keen understanding of security principles as they pertain to service design.
- Expertise in object-oriented design principles.
- Mobile experience highly valued.