Data Warehouse Engineer
Our well established and thriving Austin client that has been in business for over 20 years has an opening for a Data Warehouse Engineer to join their dynamic team. This position will be on their analytics and data team and will be responsible for working with internal business units within analytics, data modeling and reporting. They recently moved into a brand new space that will feature open office work space, gaming area, on premise fitness center, free snacks/beverages with a modern look and feel.
- Work with business owners, data and BI teams to determine the best architecture for the data warehouse.
- Gain and document and thorough understanding of the business and reporting needs.
- Utilize SQL Server, SSIS and .NET tools and technologies to design and develop the data warehouse, including data import tools, SSAS cubes and BI reporting infrastructure.
- Develop tools, scripts, and queries to automate validation of data.
- Create ETL scripts for data integration into the data repository or data marts from source systems.
- Ensure timely availability of accurate data in our data warehouse.
- Develop tools, API integrations, etc. to support BI reporting.
- Develop tools, scripts, and queries to automate the validation of data.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with the data warehouse and external data feeds.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record of designing and delivering scalable data warehouse solutions.
- Extensive experience with SQL Server, physical database design & modeling.
- Expertise with SQL, SSIS, dimensional modeling, OLAP cube design and SSAS SQL performance analysis and tuning using the latest tools and techniquesT-SQL expertise.
- Experience with enterprise reporting tools such as SSRS or Tableau.
- Ability to take ownership of projects with diligence and consistency in carrying out tasks with a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to function well in a team oriented and fast paced interrupt driven environment.